As Production Planner, you will be responsible for the creation, modification, and management of manufacturing production schedules. Including monitoring the production process to ensure that production orders are completed on time.
- Must be flexible to support the business, through the production plan, responding to downtime issues. This may require contact out of working hours.
Knowledge and Expertise
- Proven experience in a similar role (5/10 years)
- Ability to develop, lead and motivate employees
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Highly computer literate e.g. Excel/Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Demonstrates experiences of making sound judgement under pressure.
- Team Player
- Systematic and with high attention to detail
- Ability to lead and promote Lean manufacturing initiatives
- Experience of complex 24-hour manufacturing environment desirable
- Knowledge of EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) moulding would be beneficial
You will ensure the production of parts are planned effectively, produced on time in full, with a strong focus on overall efficiency of the plant.
- Control the work schedule and efficiency systems, make sure they are up to date and all information available is correct.
- Control and maintain the capacity and sales systems, so we can identify forward issues with capacity and advise of sales expected.
- Update sales when customer’s issue volume updates so we are always live.
- Create and maintain the forward operations plans of 6 to 8 weeks so the plant has good visibility of the oncoming weeks and can plan resources.
- Communicate with all department heads in advance so they are aware of any changes to the planning flow, this is so capacity calculations can be reviewed and weaknesses found.
- Plan all tool sample runs required as part of the NPI process and communicate with the NPI team, plant teams in advance.
- Communicate with material division before making any major changes to the production plan or adding any unplanned tools, this is to avoid problems.
- To input the plan on IQMS for real time to work and to add work orders.
- Monitor and track issues within real-time and report them to the relevant people.
- Issue daily updates, giving a status of the real time and the plan so departments know what can be cut short, this is to reduce calls out of hours (via email)
- Maintain low tool fitting as much as possible to save on downtime, target 8-hour production runs and highlight any less than this so we can issue a set up charge if required.
- Attend daily production meetings as requested.
- Follow the planning instructions were applicable and update them as required.
- Work with the Operations Manager and Plant Manager on all aspects of production planning, including run hours etc.
- You will be required to produce clear and effective documentation of both a detailed and descriptive nature using graphical and statistical information.
- Set and manage stock holdings for finished goods with the warehouse Team Leader and communicate to customers when needed.
- Review stock levels regularly and target zero stock older than 3 months old, monitor the provisions report which supports this
- Ensure SVP and Sales are in line and that we are producing what we sell, review weekly and highlight issues if we are selling more or less than we are making, focus 6 weeks rolling to give accurate SVP figures.
- Update KPI monthly scores from EIQ reports and from your forward plans and highlight areas for the plant to focus
- Support cover for customer services when required
- Any other duties requested by management
- Six Sigma
- I.T Qualifications
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Paid Birthday Holiday
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Buy Annual Leave
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Maternity/ Paternity
- Career Break
- Benefits Platform
- GP Helping Hand
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Onsite Parking
- Free Food days
- Free Tea & Coffee
How can we help you?
Ready to discover your sustainable solution?