To supply an Engineering service to all areas of the plant, ensuring safe and reliable running of all machinery and services on site. Desirable is a Knowledge of EPS/EPP (expanded polystyrene/polypropylene) moulding.
Rotating Shift pattern 40-hour week
Contact: Anne Strachan – 01506 449718
Job ID: 99084424
- Read Technical drawings and schematics in order to fix the fault or improve the problem.
- Starting and shutting down the plant equipment including steam and water systems.
- Assist with the preparation of the boilers, vessels etc for insurance inspections.
- Responsible for electrical and mechanical fault-finding, repairs and planned preventative maintenance on all plant.
- Isolation for electrical circuits and mechanical systems in a safe manner, in accordance with all current relevant regulations and site safe working procedures.
- Proactively review plant condition and thereafter highlight and follow-up on machine faults, ensuring correct communication of fault, action taken, and further action required.
- Ensure good communication and handover of information between shifts and between production personnel at all time served.
- Provide a comprehensive and proactive service to the plant.
- Permit issue, following group standard procedures.
- Time served engineering apprenticeship
- Professional electrical/or mechanical qualification and experience.
- Manufacturing or car mechanic experience
- PC literate
- Decision making ability and to use own initiative.
- Be proactive and innovative in approach to work.
- Have the ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Work without direct supervision, being self-motivated and able to prioritise own workload.
- Demonstrate flexibility by adapting quickly to each situation, as they arise.
- Communicate well, both written and verbal with all levels and all departments.
- Knowledge of machinery hydraulics, pneumatics, steam systems, maintenance. Programmes etc.
- Expansion/Moulding process experience preferred.
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity
- Birthday Holiday
- Paid Volunteer day
- Long Service Awards
- Free food, Tea and coffee days
- GP Helping hand
- Benefits Platform
How can we help you?
Ready to discover your sustainable solution?