To co-ordinate H&S within the factory by providing proactive support to the General Manager and to produce reports & statistics to deadlines requiring effectiveness under pressure. Your responsibility will also be to ensure that effective training processes are developed and maintained across the plants.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week (Mon to Fri)
Contact: Anne Strachan
Job ID: 99163200
- To support, drive and grow a health & safety conscious business
- To assist all departments to undertake all risk assessments, including detailed RA’s & implement solutions on issues identified.
- To assist the management team in accident investigations.
- To undertake, with the management team, regular audits.
- Be involved in the writing of Safe Systems of Work and SOP’s.
- Provide information & advice in Health & Safety to all levels.
- Provide accurate information to the management team on accident stats & environmental stats & assist with solutions to minimise reoccurrence of accidents & improvements in the environmental KPI’s.
- Maintain accurate records of assessments & actions.
- Assist management team to achieve actions identified in plans. Co-ordinate with relevant managers, the implementation of relevant action plans.
- Present VTS modules to all employees
- Ensure that accurate training records are maintained for all employees at all times and are regularly reviewed to reflect ongoing business change and developments
- Ensure all training activity is monitored, evaluated, and audited by processing KPIs to drive plant and individual performance.
- Be responsible for the total induction process within the plant ensuring that all new recruits settle into the business quickly and are effective in their roles.
- Work with the management team and influence as necessary to develop people capability and implement change that results in improved plant performance.
- Improve, assist in developing new, training processes, systems and courses to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Prepare all information required for customer or other specific audits and ensure that all records and information are maintained to meet the needs of the business and customer audit requirements.
- Coordinate, monitor and mentor any employees completing external studies or courses and liaise with external providers as required within remit.
- Work with the Team Leaders and the Management team to ensure that all processes, records, training activity, systems and KPIs reflect the training strategy and enable that strategy to be realised.
- Any other reasonable duties required by management
- Health & Safety recognised qualification.
- Training skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Passionate about H&S. Able to influence peer group.
- Strong personality.
- PC literate and able to present information coherently, accurately and persuasively.
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Paid Birthday Holiday
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Buy Annual Leave
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Maternity/ Paternity
- Career Break
- Benefits Platform
- GP Helping Hand
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Onsite Parking
- Free Food days
- Free Tea & Coffee
How can we help you?
Ready to discover your sustainable solution?